Guarantor Service

Are you moving abroad for your higher education and looking for off-campus accommodation? Are you finding it hard without a guarantor, especially if you want to pay your rent in easy instalments? With the help of our partners, we will find you a guarantor for the entire period of your stay! So, if you’re going to the UK, Ireland, the USA, or any other part of the world, we will help make it easy for you to stop paying the rent upfront.

A guarantor is responsible for paying your rent in case you default. Whether you are looking for a private studio room or a shared space, chances are you’ll be required to provide details of a guarantor who must be a working professional in your country of study with a strong credit score.

Most accommodation providers will ask for a guarantor if you’re unable to pay your entire rent upfront. For international students, finding a suitable guarantor in a new country is a tall order. To make the entire process of booking your accommodation easier, University Living will provide a professional guarantor for your tenancy period. This service can be availed for a one-time nominal fee.

To secure a guarantor in another country, feel free to contact our 24/7 support team and we’ll be more than happy to assist you.

Find a Guarantor

By submitting this form you agree to our  Terms & Conditions  and  Privacy Policy


Q. Who is a guarantor? How do I find one?
A. A guarantor (usually a parent or guardian) is the person responsible for paying your rent in case you default.

Q. What is the requirement for becoming a guarantor in the UK and Ireland?
A. The minimum requirements a guarantor must meet are as follows. They should:
  • Have good credit history
  • Be a citizen of your country of study
  • Should be between the age of 18 and 75

Q. Why do I need a guarantor?
A. A guarantor based in the UK is mandatory for renting accommodation in the UK (or Ireland), especially if you are looking to pay your rent in instalments. Most providers will allow a non-UK (or non-Irish) resident to become a guarantor for you. If you don’t have a guarantor, we will connect you with our partners who can help you find a guarantor for a nominal charge.

Q. What documents does a guarantor need to submit?
A. To be a guarantor, you need to provide the following documents:
  • Valid passport
  • Bank statements from the past 3 months
  • Payslips from the past 3 months
  • Proof of address must be dated within three months of the tenancy start date