Downing Students to Unveil State-of-the-Art Student Housing with Over 500 New Beds
Source : Proland Scaper Magazine
Date: 14th November, 2023
A new sustainable student housing project has been approved adjacent to the Amex Stadium in Brighton.
- The £80 million development will house over 500 students in studio apartments and cluster rooms.
- Facilities will include outdoor green spaces, walking trails, and areas for yoga and activities.
- Sustainability is a focus with a BREEAM Excellent environmental certification.
- The project aims to meet demand from the University of Sussex and the University of Brighton.
- Original plans were rejected last year due to height and design concerns. The revised proposal overcame these issues.
- Completion is slated for 2025 to serve Brighton’s expanding student population.
The approval represents a significant boost in purpose-built student accommodation for Brighton. The stylish, eco-friendly housing and amenities aim to enhance student life experiences.
News In Detail:
A new student housing project has been approved in Brighton, England. The project will be built next to the Amex Stadium.
The company Downing Students will build the new housing. The project will cost £80 million.
There will be over 500 new beds for students. Some will be nice studio apartments. Others will be shared cluster rooms.
There will also be outdoor green spaces. These will have walking trails and yoga areas. Students can exercise and spend time together outside.
The project wants to be very sustainable. The buildings will aim for a BREEAM Excellent rating. It means they will be eco-friendly.
The new student village should open in 2025. It will help meet demand from local universities. These include the University of Sussex and the University of Brighton.
Last year, the project was rejected. Officials felt the buildings were too big. The developer changed the design to address these concerns.
The new plan was approved. The student village will now be built after fixes were made.
The location next to the stadium is ideal. Students will be near shops, transportation, and entertainment.
A green student housing project has been approved in Brighton after design changes. It will help the sustainable growth of student living