Student Accommodation Canterbury
Parham Student Village
Canterbury Student Village
Canterbury Student Manor
Showing 1 - 10 properties out of 10
Everything about Student Accommodation Canterbury
Canterbury is a lively city that offers a wide range of things to the student. The famous Canterbury Cathedral is a stunning site to make families when visit. The town is only a 20-minute drive from the coast and an hour’s train journey from London. This city boasts a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and pubs as well as two main clubs which host student nights out. On the cobbled high streets, you can find a blend of chains as well as big names alongside the local traditional shops. You can also come across the weekly market with the local artists and producers held at Westgate Hall. There are different many student apartments in Canterbury.
Student life in Canterbury
- Food and drink: Canterbury offers a wide range of fine dining and traditional establishments along with a wide range of historic pubs and quirky bars. You will come across a wide range of options to suit different tastes and budgets. Herne Bay offers an amazing range of international cuisine.
- Nightlife: The quaint city of Canterbury is not known for its hard-partying night scene and it has an abundance of student-friendly drinking establishments. The campus of the University of Kent is home to its superclub, The Venue. Alberrys is one of the oldest bars in the city and it is quite popular amongst the students. You will be hard-pressed to find an amazing night where something isn’t going on. With a plethora of student accommodations in Canterbury, you can lead a great life.
- Culture: When it comes to culture, Canterbury is a place to explore. Landmarks such as Norman Castle and modern venues such as the Marlowe Theatre make a great start for cultural learning, while Westgate parks offer a quiet, beautiful rest from the busy streets of the inner city. From student housing in Canterbury, you can enjoy the most.
Shopping: Those who love shopping can find a wide range of things to do here. Herne Bay hosts a retail village on the pier and Harbor Street is the place where you can find the galleries and boutiques easily.
Student travel Canterbury
The local bus system which runs in Canterbury and East Sussex is the Stagecoach. Canterbury is Kent’s central public transport so students can easily commute from one place to another. You can look for information regarding the routes and the timings. Some universities have partnerships to provide students with concessions in daily travel.
- Bus: The bus is the best way to commute. For a single day, a student needs to pay £ 3.30.
- Train: From most of the student rooms in Canterbury. One can travel by train as they connect the area properly. Smooth linking is also occurring due to the student's enhance in the area.
- Bike: Biking is always the most eco-friendly and reliable option. Invest in it and rent a bike so that commuting becomes easy.
Universities in Canterbury
The chief aim of students coming to Canterbury is they want high education from the world’s top-notch college. The lifestyle and opportunities provide attract students the most. Some of the esteemed universities to aim for are listed below:
- Christ Church University
- Canterbury College
- University for the Creative Arts
- University of Kent
- University of Essex
- University of East London(Dockland campus)
- Stafford House Canterbury
- St. Peter's School of English
Search - Compare - Relax
Choose from 1.5 Mn 100% verified student rooms near the university & compare between the best options.
Instantly book the room in a matter of minutes. Save your time for more important things (Netflix).
Price Match Guarantee
We keep our promises. Grab the best offers along with the lowest price promise.Terms & Conditions
Frequently Asked Questions
Check out these answers to common questions and go to
Help Centre for more details.
Q. How to book my student apartment in Canterbury?
A. You simply have 3 easy steps to follow as given below: a) Select your favorite accommodation. b) Pay the security deposit if required. c) Thereafter, the booking is confirmed for you. Don’t worry if you are stuck in the process as our experienced staff is there to provide all the needed guidance.
Q. What are the different types of rooms available in Canterbury?
A. University Living aims to provide Purpose Built Student Accommodation (PBSA) to its students. There are three room types available to the students. The first one is the Shared room type wherein you will have to share the bedroom, washroom, and all common areas. En suite is the type of room where you will get some privacy and you will have your own bedroom and washroom, whereas you will have to share the common spaces. Finally, there is studios where you will have complete privacy as it will be like a small self-contained unit.
Q. What about accommodations for a short duration?
A. We also provide accommodation to students for a short period. If you are coming for a summer semester or an exchange program you can contact us and we will provide you with accommodation for a short duration as well.
Q. When should I book my student accommodation?
A. There is no ideal time to book your accommodation, it is said that the earlier you book your accommodation the better it will be as it will give you more options to choose from and you will get the best price for your property.
Q. Do you provide any discounts on bookings?
A. Yes, if you book your accommodation in advance our accommodation experts can help you with the best price for your accommodation. We also provide offers and vouchers if you book your accommodation at the right time.
Q. Are there any on-site amenities that I can use while I stay at the property?
A. Yes, students booking their accommodation with University Living can enjoy several on-site amenities such as a games room, study room, gym, barbecue, and much more. All these will be included in your rent.
Q. Do I need to pay any security before booking?
A. You can get in touch with our experts and they will help you with the same as some of the properties might ask for the security deposit while others might not.
Q. What is the rent in the city like?
A. In Canterbury, the properties start from 127 pounds and go to 163 pounds a week. You can use the filter section on our page and find the apt accommodation according to your budget.