Birthdays are the best, but celebrating on a broke student’s budget? Not so much. There are a plethora of ways to ring in your birthday without burning a giant hole in your pocket, so why not experiment a little and do things differently? Read on to find out how!
1. Me-Time: With all the pending assignments and lectures to attend, it can be hard to find time for yourself at college. Schedule some downtime on your birthday and run yourself a lush, warm bath. Light some candles, pour the wine, and blast your favourite song for a solo party that’s truly one-of-a-kind!
2. Day Trip: Ditch the city life and opt for a getaway with your closest friends. Relax on a beach, plan a trek or just spend some time in nature with your favourites. A day trip will help you save on hotels so you can splurge on fun activities instead!
3. Bar Hopping: This one is for all the party animals. Let your hair down, dress your best, and head out for some drinks and dance. Stop by bars that offer free entry and student discounts to save a few bucks. Don’t forget your ID!
4. Netflix & Chill: If going out is not your thing, get in bed and binge-watch like nobody’s business! Tune in to that show everyone keeps raving about or call that special someone over for a good ol’ movie marathon. Don’t forget to grab some popcorn!
5. House Party: There is nothing more fun than throwing an epic house party. Book the common room, string some fairy lights and ask everyone to bring their own booze. Play some beer pong or dance your heart out with your best buds without ever having to leave the comfort of your student accommodation!
The next time it feels like you can’t afford to celebrate your birthday, think again! We at University Living will always help to enhance your student living experience.