As the saying goes, “Health is Wealth” means there’s no compromise on health. Be it anyone! As a student, your health will determine your overall well-being and help you focus on study and succeed. Without it, the human body has no harmony and synchronization. Each aspect of health, i.e. the physical, emotional, social or spiritual, has to align with each other and spark that electricity in your body. And here’s how you can take care of your overall well-being with these 5 health tips for students:
Physical Healthy Tips For Students
Physical exercise is an activity to enhance your physical fitness for overall health. Keeping your physical health in shape will strengthen you and keep you off the bay of illness and diseases.
1.) Exercise daily: Try any form of physical activity to keep your body in good shape internally and externally. It doesn’t have to be hardcore; you can run, walk, sim, jog or even do easy cardio exercises. They help keep your system active and clean.
2) Stay on a balanced diet: Your body will heal and be repaired if you feed it with the right food. Try to stay on a balanced diet, including vegetables, fruits, nuts, proteins and calories. A plant-based diet is one of the best for healing and focus and is food for the soul and the easiest way how to maintain good health for students.
3) Drink water and get sunlight: Keeping your body hydrated is essential. Start your day by cleaning out your toxins with water. Drink at least 3 liters of water a day and keep away your hydration, which can lead to many illnesses. You can add some lemon into the water for taste at times! And, yes, get that vitamin D straight from the sun early in the morning!
4) Plenty of sleep: Sleep deprivation can lead to the cause of cancer. You need at least 8 hours of sleep a day. As a student, you need to get these long hours of sleep, or you will lack energy and focus, impacting your studies. Whatever you do, do not compromise on your sleep and you can also explore the impact of sleeping on your memory !
5) Get regular checkups: You should mark that calendar for monthly check-ups. When you do a routine check-up, less risk and complication are involved than any disease detected early. And it gives your mind and soul some peace knowing you are in good health.
Emotional and Mental Health Tips For Students
Mental and emotional health are closely linked, so you must care about mental health and emotional health as well. Your thoughts can positively or negatively impact your mind, feeling and soul. But with a sound mind, it can help you make healthier choices for your overall well-being.
1) Stay Active: An empty mind is the devil’s workshop. So, it’s necessary to keep your mind off those negative thoughts by staying active, such as physical work, reading, drawing, painting, etc., to keep your mind busy. Or, you can work on positive affirmations for both mind and emotions.
2) Stick to a daily routine: Having practice can lead to a practical lifestyle and reduce stress and anxiety. Your mind has many things to process; changing your ways and being unorganized can lead to chaos. Take baby steps in organizing your day and improve it daily, weekly or monthly. These can act as health tips for students during exams.
3) Find leisure and recreational activities: Recreational activities can boost your endorphins and serotonin. Take time from your daily life occasionally and go out in nature walking, hiking, camping, or anything that makes you happy. The best way is to connect with your passion and find more time for your hobbies.
4) Stay connected to your loved ones: As one of the health tips for students during exams, you should call your friends and family as this is a stressful time of your academic year. Being away from home can have a mental toll on anyone; thus, you shouldn’t suppress your feelings. Talking to your close ones can help in venting out and taking that emotion off your burden.
5) Seek help: If you feel isolated or emotionally down, always seek help while studying abroad. Many other students are in the same boat as you, where you can connect and support each other as a community. Universities often provide support for international students who are transitioning into college life.
Social Health and Wellness Tips for Students
Social health and well-being are all about building and having meaningful relationships with those around you. This is the best time to develop and make friends with so much cultural diversity to maintain good health for students.
1) Socialise and network: Man is a social animal and cannot thrive alone. Therefore, while you are away from home, socialize, network and make friends. They can be your supportive system to help you get through your emotional health. It can help you cope with stress, anxiety and depression.
2) Treat yourself with love: Loving, kindness, and compassion start with you; your body is your temple. Do some self-care routines daily to spread love and positivity around your life. When you start working with these habits, you apply the vibrant energy around you and attract only positive feelings and emotions.
3) Engage in social activities: One of the best ways to engage in these social activities is to get involved in on-campus and off-campus social activities. You can attend clubs, organizations, culture & diversity programs, study groups, art & creativity programs, outdoor activities, networking events, etc.
4) Set boundaries: Setting boundaries is the best form of self-care. There’s no harm in saying no to anything that disturbs your energy and peace in life. Stay close to anything that makes you thrive and grow, and if it means setting these boundaries for your mental and emotional health, then do it!
5) Alone time: Having your own space can give you time to explore yourself more. Once in a while, it helps you delve into thinking and figuring out your priorities in life and how to align them. Being alone is a remedy to self-exploration.
Spiritual Health Tip For College Students
Once you’re at peace with your subconscious mind, you can attain the stage of spiritual health. It takes practice, faith and belief to reach the level of spirituality.
1) Practice yoga & meditation: Incorporating yoga and meditation into your daily life as mental health tips for students can benefit you! It is more than just calming the mind; it is about body awareness, relieves chronic pain, and helps focus and concentration.
2) Do some volunteer work: Karma is what goes around and comes back around. So, when you spend time giving and helping, you will receive back in abundance. Your physical, mental and spiritual energies are aligned when you are blessed. You can help at a shelter, farm, or organisation that needs help once a week.
3) Focus on your passion: Passion is nothing but loving yourself and burning that sparks at both sides of the rainbow. Focusing on what you love most is working with your subconscious and connecting your spirituality to your conscious being.
4) Keep a journal: Having a journal helps you vent and track your past and your growth over time. These are ways to see your weaknesses and strengths so you can work on them accordingly. A journal is like having a friend who can share your happy and dark secrets.
5) Connect with your faith and beliefs: This is one of the healthy lifestyle tips for students. To be spiritual, you need to be guided by your confidence, and this practice can be prayers, meditation, affirmations. And, above all, find inner peace and be grateful for everything you have in life.