Compare Icon

Student Accommodation Near University of Hertfordshire

2 Places to Stay
Filter By
All distances from University of Hertfordshire in miles
  • fillingFastyes×


0.91 miles
Studio  · Apartments   
No Visa No Pay
No University No Pay
Starting From
Curzon Point Hatfield
Join Waitlist Join Waitlist

Curzon Point

1.01 miles
Studio  · Other  · Apartments   
No Visa No Pay
No University No Pay
Starting From

Showing 1 - 2 properties out of 2

Everything about student accommodation near University of Hertfordshire

Originally established as the Hatfield College of Technology in 1952, the University of Hertfordshire is now a public university in Hertfordshire, United Kingdom after getting university status in 1992. It is a modern university based largely in Hatfield, in the county of Hertfordshire near London. The university is regarded as “the UK’s leading business-facing university” and claims a unique and innovative approach to teaching and a wide range of work placements and overseas study that appeal to employers. The university has also won the Guardian University Award for Student Experience in 2015. It has a student population of more than 25,000 students enrolled from nearly 90 different countries across the world. It boasts impressive alumni, including Helen Lederer, Ben Mosely, and jewellery designer Alyssa Smith. If you‘re a Harry Potter fan you will be glad to know that it offers tours to ‘Muggles’ of the Warner Bros Studios in Leavesden where filming took place. Hertfordshire students have also worked on the special effects for various Harry Potter films, as well as other films like Clash of the Titans 2, X Men, and Captain America.

Student Accommodation near University of Hertfordshire

The university currently has 2 ‘on-campus’ halls to accommodate its students. These on-campus accommodations are only available for all first-year students at the University of Hertfordshire. Students from 2nd year onwards have to live in private student accommodation near University of Hertfordshire campuses. The campus halls of residence include apartments, houses, and traditional corridor halls, on both the College Lane and the de Havilland campuses.

There are numerous private properties in the city which are known as purpose-built student accommodation (PBSA), as well as the option to live with a local family as a lodger. Luna is one such private student accommodation Hatfield located just a short walk awa y from the university campus. It is a great place to stay if you’re new to the city and enjoy both your social and academic life.

Types of student room and amenities offered near University of Hertfordshire

From studios to ensuite bathrooms and shared bedrooms, you will be spoilt for choice. There is lots to consider when choosing your room, with the studios offering your own private space which includes your sleeping area, kitchenette, private ensuite bathroom, and a living area. You can also opt for an en-suite room which offers a private bedroom and bathroom along with shared living spaces or communal areas. There is also a choice of a shared room in a private apartment where you have separate beds for each occupant while the bathroom, cooking facilities and other amenities are shared with other residents. These student accommodations near University of Hertfordshire offers an array of onsite amenities such as laundry facilities so you can wash your clothes easily, bike storage where you can store your bikes safely, an outdoor garden so that you can enjoy the sun when the weather is pleasant outside.

Where are these private accommodations located

Located in the beautiful countryside north of the capital, most of these accommodations are just a short walk or bike-ride away from the university so you can reach there in no time. For example, Luna student home mentioned above is just a stone’s throw away from the University of Hertfordshire. These are placed in areas which are well-connected via public transportation with the nearest bus stop and train stations just a few minutes away. Students can also enjoy their social life as there are plenty of bars, pubs, shops, and restaurants present nearby.

Let us find your perfect home!
Search - Compare - Relax

Search - Compare - Relax

Choose from 1.5 Mn 100% verified student rooms near the university & compare between the best options.

Easy Peasy

Easy Peasy

Instantly book the room in a matter of minutes. Save your time for more important things (Netflix).

Price Match Guarantee

Price Match Guarantee

We keep our promises. Grab the best offers along with the lowest price promise.

Terms & Conditions

Frequently Asked Questions

Check out these answers to common questions and go to Help Centre for more details.

Q. How can I rent student housing around University of Hertfordshire?
Q. What are the different types of student accommodation around University of Hertfordshire?
Q. What are the best student apartment to stay near University of Hertfordshire?
Q. What are the different types of student rooms around University of Hertfordshire?
Q. Does my student accommodation offer any onsite amenities?
Q. Can I get discounts on student accommodation near University of Hertfordshire?
Q. Where can I stay during my placement?
Q. Where can I stay while doing a language course during summers?