As of 2022, the sponsored study visas issued in all countries are 375,999 (as per British Council reports). There are many courses you can study under the UK student visa.
1. Full-Time Course- Three types of qualifications students can get under this course.
- One, they will receive a qualification below and a daytime study of at least 15hrs/ week.
- Two, they will receive a qualification degree level or above.
- Third, they will get a degree level or above equivalent to UK higher education programme.
2. Part-Time Programme
- Students will receive a qualification degree level or above.
3. A recognised foundation study for PG doctors or dentists.
4. English language course at level B2 or above in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
What is a UK student visa?
A UK Student visa is granted to students who want to study in the UK. The visa will allow students to study for the duration of the course.
A general student visa permits students above 16 years who want to study at the post-secondary level. It was also previously known as a Tier 4 visa.
A short-term student visa permits students who want to enrol in short-term courses or English programmes.
How to get a student visa for the UK?
There are many steps involved in getting a UK student visa processed:
- Students should have an offer letter for a full-time course from a valid student sponsor.
- Financial proof of enough funds to study and stay in the UK.
- Students can read, write and speak English.
- Students must be above 16 years of age.
UK Student Visa Fees
If students apply for a visa from abroad, it will cost £363.
If a student applies for a visa from within the UK, it will cost £490.
Documents to apply for a UK student visa
- Valid passport
- Letter of acceptance
- Educational certificates
- Health certificate (tuberculosis certificate)
- Two photographs
- Birth certificate
- English test score
- Financial proof
How to apply student visa for the UK?
The process for applying for the visa takes a lot of lengthy process. But, with the right documents, you can crack through the process. These steps can guide you on how to apply for it:
Step 1: Proof of confirmation letter from the university you intend to study.
Step 2: Financial proof to cover the cost of living in the UK.
Step 3: Keep all documents ready.
Step 4: Apply online through the official UK Visa website.
Step 5: Book an appointment at the visa application centre. You will get a confirmed email with an appointment number.
Step 6: Payment method
- By Standard Chartered Bank.
- By demand draft from a nationalised or foreign bank.
- At Visa Application Centre.
- Online payment.
Step 7: Visit the application centre on the appointed date and complete the application.
List of Cities in United Kingdom for Students:
London | Sheffield | Coventry | Manchester | Edinburgh | Birmingham | Leicester | Nottingham | Liverpool | Exeter | Glasgow | Leeds | Cardiff | Aberdeen | Newcastle | Oxford | Reading | York | Bristol | Cambridge | Kingston | Dundee | Plymouth | Gloucester | Hatfield | Stirling | Southampton | Bournemouth | Swansea | Belfast | Brighton | Bath | Wolverhampton | Loughborough | Salford | Warwick | Stockton on Tees | Medway | Cheltenham | Durham | Chester | Derby | Stoke on Trent | Newport | Carlisle | Norwich | Hull | Guildford | Middlesbrough | Bradford | Ipswich | Bolton | Luton | Egham | Canterbury | Bangor | Lancaster | Colchester | Portsmouth | Preston | Sunderland | Lincoln | Wrexham | Huddersfield